Tuesday 25 March 2008

Romance has officially gone down the toilet in this world. Literally.

Okay, for the people who know me, I'm a romantic. For the people who don't, my romantic-ness can be explained like this: I cry at soppy films, I love hearing about people's love stories, I have kept every single love letter and poem the mister has written me, and I get goose bumps every time the mister walks into a room. Granted, I may possess industrial-strength romanticism, but I do believe a little should exist in every relationship, to keep it interesting.

However, some things I keep sacred, just because that's how I carry myself, and I've heard that many women find that this enhances the mystery for some men. For example:

I don't leave the door open when I go to the bathroom.
I have my face cream/makeup/shaving before we go out rituals that I keep to myself, behind the bathroom door.
I can't say certain words without blushing out of embarrassement (funny thing is that I'm fine with filthy ones, it's the run of the mill ones, go figure..).
If I have to burp, I don't do it as loudly as possible to be funny, I turn my head the other way.
I don't talk about my sex life/size/shape/habits/types of sex toys I use, etc., ala Sex and the City.
I make sure the bathroom smells nice after I've... you know.

To some, I may sound like a prude, but everyone has their own way of doing things, and this is my way. But I think you'll all agree, that this has to be the end of romance: the Twin Toilet.

I swear, every day in this country I read something even more amazing than the day before. Is this for real? Do we really want to take a dump next to our husbands/life partners? Is THIS how we're supposed to communicate in our relationships?

Hey.. how was your day today?
*grunt* Great, great..*grunt..ugghhh* Today was tough.
Yeah, mine too. *thrrrrpppp* I'm so tired lately..*fffrrrrppp*
What do you want for dinner?
*grunt* ummm..*fffrrrrr* I don't know, how about rice and beans?

I'm sorry, but I don't care how much you love your significant other, please tell me that romance hasn't gotten to the point where if you get an extra sheet of toilet paper handed to you from your toilet buddy, that's considered romantic.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Years ago Saturday Night Live did a sketch about such a toilet. Of course, they were making fun of it.

I'm with you: this would never, ever make it in my world. Ever.

Amanda said...

Umm, Sean and I do everything together...but never, never, ever, ever would this happen!