Monday 9 March 2009

I'm back... and completely clueless that a lot of you sent me lots of nice "hellos"!

Okay, first off, forgive me for not replying to all of you sooner- my blog has decided to engineer a mind of its own and is now "moderating" all the comments that appear on my posts. So I only just saw them. I swear I wasn't ignoring all of you.

I've been in London, but I've been so busy, I really haven't had time to put finger to keyboard.

What's been happening? And, in the words of the lovely Cat, "is that bacon I smell? Mmmm."

In no real order, here's what's going on in the Days of Myshka's Life (cue musak):

We're moving to a new place in a few weeks. Funny enough, it's literally about 10 steps from where we live now, which is kind of nice, since we like the area we live in. However, this is a much bigger place spread out over two floors, built like it should always host 70s dinner parties, huge floor to ceiling window that overlooks a little lake, has a little park across the way.. etc. Basically, the way I can describe The Barbican is like a 1960s architecture homage to Lincoln Centre- but the UK version. If you live in this place, it's like a haven in the centre of London- walkable to all the main stuff, but without the touristy/noisy bullshit. We like it here for now, so we're staying for a little more time before we buy a house somewhere.

We're buying a bigger car. We've had a little two-seater sportscar for over a year now, and although we love it, we want to buy something different. We drive about an hour to see our boat over in the rural parts of the UK, so it would be nice to get something more like a Land Rover to transport all of our gear.

My aunt died suddenly two weeks ago. She had a lot of mental and health problems, and we weren't very close, but it's still family. Poor Babchya found her in the bath and had to call paramedics, which arrived just in time to pronounce her dead of a massive heart attack. I comfort myself to know that she's in a much better place.

My job has been great, up until a major fuck-up on my part the other day. Basically, my brain went loco for a day or so and I forgot to put my boss on the correct flight to make a meeting that I helped organise in Asia. So he missed the meeting, screamed at me, and after I hung up, I burst into tears. I was petrified that in this economy this would lead to me getting fired (yes, I know that's a bit dramatic), and I went hysterical until the mister had to calm me down and tell me that I would be fine, that it's okay to make mistakes. I know that's true, it's just hard for me to forgive myself when I make them, for some reason. I'll learn someday.

The mister is in the process of starting up a business with a colleague of his. It's all looking promising already, but I don't want to say to much, don't want to jinx it. But I am SO proud of him and I really think that this is going to be the start of one exciting year for us.

I'm really enjoying this year so far. I'm learning how to breathe, how to smile more, how to focus on the big picture and not the little niggles, how to appreciate my body for never having any illnesses or broken bones and taking care of me no matter what (even through my 5-year long punishing phase of trying to be "perfect" by getting down to 95 pounds).

I'm learning to realise how lucky I am that no matter what happens, no matter how much I earn, how perfect I want to be, how unravelled and dark I feel the world is getting, that I have my family, my friends, and the love of my life to run right with me.

It's a nice feeling to look in the mirror and see strength. Positivity. Fierceness. Pride. Love.*

*Though I think the whisky helps.

1 comment:

Kat said...

It sounds like lots of excitement. I was just in London a couple of weeks ago and had a great time, but I think I prefer the quietness of country living.