Tuesday 5 February 2008

Hair styling/removal/grooming. Serious business, let me tell you...

I was really busy this past weekend, so I chickened out on the haircut. I also realized that I shouldn't be spending "London" money (a trim that is pretty much the same price as a plane ticket) to get just an inch trim. So a friend of mine referred me to her stylist who is much more reasonable (again, my perspective is a bit screwed up here)and I get an additional 50% off because she's his client. Okay, I'm sold.

The mister has been really sweet of late telling me that I am gorgeous and I don't need my hair trimmed and my ends coloured, but bless him he's a man, he's biased, and he even loves me when I wear my hair in braids and mismatch my clothes. So, I tend to take him with a grain of salt and just booked myself in.

Coincidentally, I've taken full advantage of the hair grooming/removal/styling business and I've finally scheduled my waxing appt this week (yes, I've grown accustomed to doing this, but I swear in the name of all that is holy I will never get used to that PAIN) and then I'm going to the new stylist this Saturday afternoon, which I'm excited about, because a few days after that, I'm going on a much needed break abroad to Dubai with the mister. I need me some colour in my cheeks to counteract this British pastiness that I'm acquiring.

Okay, so it's a little bit of not-too-expensive pampering, but hey, can you blame a girl for wanting just a little bit of maintenance? Just a little. Thanks, Janet, you made me feel not so guilty. ;-)

I promise to post before and after pics so you can all throw tomatoes at your computers.

No comments: