Wednesday 19 August 2009

No way. Someone gave me an award. And yes, I'll take it.


And here I was thinking I never win anything.

The lovely Laura gave me this award the other day, and I must say, I'm flattered. I write this blog to put a pen to my random thoughts, but never thinking that it might connect with people. And if it does, that's the cherry on the cupcake. So, thanks Laura. And here's to you, you, you, yes you there, and of course you. I like you, I like your writing, you deserve an award for being inspiring and cool. Now go here and add your name to the "Super Cool" list of writers (yeah, that's not what it's actually called, but let's humour our egos a bit, eh?).

Speaking of inflated egos, I've been selected to participate in a photography exhibit called Rankin Live. This photographer has been around for a while and has done some amazing portraits and erotic photography, and he's doing an exhibit in London of "real people", whatever that means. Anyway, long story short, I sent in a pic (no, not nude, but I'm tempted), made the cut, and now I'll be standing in front of a big camera with professional lighting, while hair and makeup people slap some greasepaint on my face and make me into RuPaul. It sounds vain, but I don't really care. I've always wanted to try something like that, and hell, if I made the cut, then I'll take it for what it is, even at almost 8 months pregnant. I get to keep a 10x12 copy of the one that's selected for the exhibit, so if I hate it, I can always use it as a dartboard.

Other than that, things are going as well as can be expected when the maniacs at my job are trying to push me out the door and "eliminate" my job. Why? Because they can. Because of the recession. Because I'm pregnant and won't be able to look for other work, so I'm an easy target. Whatever, long story, I won't go into it. But I had to release that little comment into the universe because I've been patient and professional up until now. And now I just hope that karma seriously kicks them in the balls one day.

That would be their award.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations on being selected for the photography exhibit!! That sounds like so much fun! And how amazing to share the experience with your little peanut:)

Amanda said...

Thinking of you so much!